History and Overview of Firo Fire Kissed Pizza
Matt Jones, the founder of Firo Fire Kissed Pizza, embarked on a mission to learn as much as he could about Neapolitan pizza, Italian gelato, and the ambiance by traveling the US and the world. Next on his list was a nationally known manufacturer of pizza ovens where he also trained to make Neapolitan-style pizzas. To help in building the recipes and procedures, Matt hired Karen Malody, a two time consultant of the year for the National Restaurant Association, who worked with his staff of “Firo-istas” to define the exact portions and procedures for making the pizzas. The final step was to check out several of the competitors in the fast-casual arena. With his recently acquired experience and knowledge, Matt was ready to launch his dream, Firo Fire Kissed Pizza.
Matt decided to offer signature or build-your-own pizza and salads from freshly prepared products each day as well as fresh gelato made with the same recipes and ingredients found in Italy. A favorite, the Primo, is topped with mozzarella, parmesan, gorgonzola, smoke prosciutto and a drizzle of fig and balsamic reduction. Matt also chose a Tuscan ambiance that is a balanced blend of comfort and subdued elegance with a mixture of rustic, earthy elements and rich, artistic accents that project warmth and a cultural style.
As the customer enters the restaurant, a Firo-ista welcomes them with a smile and begins to take their order. Fresh Neapolitan pizza dough, which is made from scratch and matured for 24 hours, is placed on a pizza press to form the crust. If the customer chooses to build their own pie, they are offered a choice of sauces — red, olive oil or alfredo. The unique red sauce is made from tomatoes imported from Italy and crushed to release their naturally sweet flavor.
As the customer advances through the line, they make a visual selection of freshly prepared meats, cheeses and vegetables and watch as the Firo-ista assembles their pizza. The pizza is then placed in an open-flame stone hearth oven where it cooks in less than five minutes. Firo also offers signature or build-your-own salads from freshly prepared products each day as well as fresh gelato made with the same recipes and ingredients found in Italy.
Firo Pizza Timelines
- 2014 – Firo Fire Kissed Pizza opened to the Lawton community on October 27th
- Firo Pizza has received a tremendous amount of positive press, as well as inquiries regarding franchising since opening
- 2015 – After building a strong reputation, Firo Franchise Enterprises, LLC had turned to franchising as a means of expanding their business while maintaining the strong reputations for which Firo is known
- 2016 – Firo Franchise Enterprises started selling Franchises
- Ability to offer individuals the same opportunities – the ability to operate a fun, fulfilling, and profitable business while at the same time expanding the Firo Fire Kissed Pizza family
“The Firo Experience”
Our Firo family is committed to proudly delivering a consistent artisan experience through unmatched passion for quality food, family, fun, and giving back locally.
- Culture: We strive to create a fun and fulfilling work environment through a guest centric culture
- Quality of Life: We are committed to quality of life both at home and at work
- Thankfulness: We demonstrate gratitude in our daily interactions with our guests, team, and community
- Respect: We respect individual needs
- Environment: We provide a clean, safe, and inviting environment for our guests and team members
- Communication: We communicate openly, clearly, and honestly
- Health: We are a profitable and fiscally responsible company. We support the physical and emotional well-being of our guests and team members